Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2004, 04:36 PM   #1
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Why people love the United States of America

This is where people can say why they love America. I think we have more than enough threads contemning all the past generations and many future generations of Americans to hell.

If I am the only one who posts in this thread, this will show a lot about what people on entmot thinks about America. If it turns into another American bashing thread - it will say a lot about those people's feelings towards America. Bashers of America have many many threads to go to - I suggest you post your condemnations there.

I love the diversity, the fact that people from all over the world can come here and become American and truly be American - as well as considered by "previous americans" as being American. I love the pride in the country, the can do attitude, the diversity of the landscape. The fact that so much in the modern age has originated from America. The Ben Franklins, the George Washingtons, the Roosevelts, the Edisons of America.

I love the state rights, the fact that the central government is weak when it comes to domestic affairs and the states get to decide most things. I love the freedom of this country, the freedom of speech and religion. The fact that our rights are guaranteed by a written Constitution which is very hard to change.

I love the fact that America was founded by a group of truly great men - who had no idea whether the country that they were forming would succeed. They called it the "Great Experiment". I love that the founders believed in something so much that they risked their life for a dream by declaring independence. Through all the hardships we have succeeded. We have survived Civil Wars and presidential assinations, we have survived depressions and civil unrest. We have freed through the years much of an enslaved and conquered world. We survived when no one in the world felt we would. I love the fact that OUR Constitution is the model for so many other country's constitutions around the world.

I am proud that America reaches for the stars and doesn't take the "it's impossible attitude" and that we try to make the lives of people around the world better.

I love that this country took and accepted my ancestors from Italy, Ireland, Poland, Russia and Czechoslovakia. My ancestors may have been those nationalities - but I am not - I am American.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote