Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2001, 11:56 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Shelina hesitated for a moment, but the need for another companion overcame worry about what she was saying reaching wrong ears. "I was sent by a man named Vardor, a servant of Morgoth, to seek out someone named Orpholin. Vardor has a personal grievance against him of some sort, but he told me that he'd be in these parts. Orpholin is an old man, his precise age I know not. I'd know him on sight; one of the reasons I was chosen for this mission. We've been able to certify that he is either in the village of Edlyn, or he is travelling with a group of people out on a quest. I am going to seek out the latter and see if Orpholin is with them. Probably revealing myself, my appearance is an added protection. But your help would certainly be helpful. Orpholin might put up a stiff fight; either that or his friends might pursue and have to be done away with. I was planning to get Orpholin out of the camp, and then take him to the location designated by Vardor. Having you helping me by slowing down the pursuers would be very helpful."

Erenfor strained at the ropes, grimacing in anger at Dain. He had been a strong elf, and skilled. Strength and skill come to this! Slung over a dwarf's back like a sack of rocks.

"You forget my training," Erenfor sniggered. "But I forget it myself. What's the point in having training if you can't even remember it? El'nela will flay you for this. Either that or Vardor will. Enemy come in all shapes and sizes; you can never trust."

Steward rolled his eyes and tried to shut out the insane babbling. It appeared to be having some affect on Tal, though. The man wanted news of his sister, and the only one who could give it was insane; incapable of giving anything useful.

"If we rescue El'nela, what's left of her, perhaps the blankness that fills my mind will break to pieces. Perhaps I'll be able to think again," Erenfor wept softly to himself. "I tried to protect El'nela, but there were simply to many of them! The One Again movement collapsed on the verge of victory! Just two more nights! In two more nights we will be ready to make our attack! Just give me two more nights!"

Steward tried again to shut out the insistent voice of the elf, and Erenfor drifted off into quiet mumblings about two nights and Vardor.