Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2004, 03:10 PM   #1
Twista
Orodruin's Flame

Publicising Entmoot

I think we need to publicise entmoot forums a little. Ive noticed that in general, there are only infact about 20 people that post on here on a regular basis ( ie, every day ). Which, in my opinion, simply will not do. What do you all think? I dont think its a matter of getting people to come to the site, but getting them to acually post on the site. I think this because i was scrolling through the members directory, and the majority of members havent infact posted a single time! How can we rectify? - that is the question! Maybe the majority of you are happy with the way things are at the moment, but I personally, would like to see the forums some what busier.

For example, there are very rarely any new threads posted, the busiest forum i have come accross might be Suprnova Forums, as they very often have over 100 users on at a time, and the amount of new posts and interesting things to be read is unbelivible. ( I'd just like to say at this point that I am not critising Entmoot, i love the place, i just think things would run so much better if the forums had a higher rate of flow of posts. ) However, back to my example of the Suprnova Forums. If you look at them you will see they have nothing what so ever to do with tolkein, but even the general message board is flooded with posts. And lets face it, Entmoot has more General Chat than Tolkien chat these days, simply because the majority of Tolkien chat has been exhausted.

Now i dont know how 'we' ( i say we, yet i dont know if you all agree with me ) can bring more people to the forums, but i do have a couple of ideas that might increase the flow of members:
  • Maybe Adding New Forums to Entmoot ( More varied Topics)
    Advertising on other sites, Promoting the greatness of the 'Moot
    Calm down on moderation maybe, people get scared easily

Thats all i wanted to say really. Now before i get flaimed with things like ' If your unhappy with the forums, then why are you posting here ' or ' The forums are fine as they are, stop complaining! ' - This is just an idea i want to promote, to make the forums busier, and hence forth increase the overall 'banter' everyone will benifit from.

Thanks for taking the time to read this if you've been bother to.

Visit the Ye Olde Avatar Shop and The New One

Dont tell me what I cannot do

Two men are on a Island, they both see a "monster", one sees a bright light, and the other sees a dark cloud

My name bares no reference to the music artist.
Twista is offline   Reply With Quote