Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2004, 11:36 PM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Singing and Song Writing

Well lately I've become more and more interested in singing, and for several months now I've been trying to get myself to work on my voice, get some good songs, and all that junk. Not that this is just a passing fancy, I’ve sung some what informally for a long time with children’s choirs, home school choirs, some group vocal lessons, and then more church choirs! But never really enjoying it as much as I do now (yea, AFTER I quit all the choirs *mutter*)

Really I've found that with my Bass voice, the only thing I can generally sing decently is jazz, which is fine since I enjoy jazz quite a bit.

I need to do a LOT of work on my voice though, and it seems like on the one hand I'm never gona make any progress, but on the other hand like I have a half-way decent voice already. Bah, it's so hard to tell.

I've even gotten to the point where I'm thinking that singing jazz might be a fun way to make a living. Of course I know every other kid in the world is ALSO thinking 'Gee! I want be a singer!' so I'm certainly not putting my hopes on it, but I'll just wait and see what happens.

Despite the whole idea of making a living off it though, I'd love to just learn how to sing well enough to record a few songs and such for my self and actually be proud of the way they sound.

Is anyone else interested in singing? (duh, of course you all are )

And if so, what kind of a voice do you have and what singing style do you like?

Right now I’m working on trying to write a song that’ll stay nicely within my current range, and has an at least slightly-jazz/blues sound to it so I can croon away without fear . One of my small obstacles is that I have always sung almost every thing with a country twang. Seriously, the only thing I could keep from doing it with was church music, but singing a lot of that trained me to keep it mostly down thank goodness.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote