Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2004, 04:55 PM   #1
katya
Elven Maiden

naming character

I did a search and didn't find a thread for this.
This thread does have a specific question, but it can go on in a more general direction as well.

I am writing a story (that is actually working- I have three whole chapters! That's gotta be a record for me!). One of the main stories is about a being. This is a fanfic, actually, so that makes it harder to explain, but I'll try. This being was created by the meeting of three great forces: an ultimate black magic, an ultimate white magic, and the spiritual energy of most of the planet. It's nature is a little vague, but it is sentient, neither good nor evil, and looks sort of human-like, but not. I don't know what to call it; it seems weird to give it an actual name, but I can't just run around calling it "that weird thing" or "the being" throughout the whole story. The name can go a lot of different ways, since the story is a little bit satirical, I've found. Any suggestions?

Apart from that, what is important in a good name? What are some good names you might have heard? Does anyone else have a problem thinking of a name?

(I could've sworn there was a thread about this but I really couldn't find it, so don't eat me if there is one somewhere out there...)
katya is offline   Reply With Quote