Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2004, 06:30 AM   #11
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
So Arty, what do you think of my Tuor/Hurin comparison? Have I changed your mind? (not that you'll pry Tuor away from me!)
Hiya RÃ*an, I meant to answer you, but I got lost in all the jewels and stuff here.

No, I haven't changed my mind. I like Húrin because he was such a great warrior and because he showed such courage and stamina during his imprisonment by Morgoth. Tuor is great too, but he does not appeal to me like Húrin, maybe because his life is fairly easy. As for their seemingly difference in behaviour towards their wives, there is nothing indicating that Húrin was not as passionate towards Morwen before he went to the Nirnaeth. I don't think Húrin was the same man when he met Morwen again as he was when he left her all those years ago. Although being husband and wife they would probably seem like strangers to each other, both because they had been separated for so long, and because of the impact of Húrin's torment.