Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2004, 10:55 PM   #1
SamwiseLover2008
Sapling

Everything Highways- Project for School

I have to do a project on highways for school, so I was wondering if you could tell me about them, dose anyone here remember what life was like before major highways (they weren't invented untill 1930, so some of you might remember)? If you can, then tell me some of what life was like, how did youi get around, how much longer did it take you est.

Do you anything about Hitler and highways? My teacher told me that Hitler created highways to move tanks and stuff, but I couldn't find any good websights about that. Any help would be appresiated here.

What are highways made of? Pavement, of course; but what else? Is there anything else under the pavement?

How long dose it take to build a mile of highway, aproxamently, in a mountain area? In the planes? At the beach? In ther desert? Any where else?

How much money dose it cost to maintain a mile of highways? In all of the landforms above, or in different weather.

Tell me what nollage you have of highways, answer the questions above, or just tell what you know. I also have a survey that I would like you to answer for school. I'll post it below this, so that they don't get mixed up. Please also tell me what country you live in, for extra info.. I need 24 intervews, but it would be neat to have some from outside the US.

Thanks alot!!!