Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2004, 01:52 PM   #1
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Stupid Actions

This thread is for stupid actions. Ok here's mine: I was reading the Silmarillion in my homeroom at school. I looked up and saw I had 4 minutes left until the passing period. I began reading again, knowing nothing of what happened next. I was so absorbed in it that I didn't hear the bell for the passing period ring. Nor did I hear the bell for the beginning of 1st period. Nor did I even notice that a large group of students left and others came in. After about ten minutes, I began to wonder why the 4 minutes had taken so long. I looked up at the clock, and I realized it had been about 20 miutes since I checked it "four" minutes before. I still wasn't sure (I thought that maybe H.R. was extra long or something), but I found it hard to concentrate on my book. Finally, after I noticed most of the kids in the 1st period class were complete strangers. My teacher was on the phone and was in the middle of a sentence when she saw me looking around the room with an undescribable look on my face. Imagine all these smilies in one face: . Anyway, still in the middle of her sentence she asked "forgot to switch." Then I heard her telling whoever was on the other line that I forgot to switch. Hows that for stupidity, eh?