Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Writer's Workshop
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2004, 06:36 PM   #1
Yodaman
Elven Warrior

War of the Ring: Volume I

This story has been planned since 2002. Now, this story will finally come to be. So please sit tight and enjoy the first episode of WAR OF THE RING!

WAR OF THE RING
VOLUME I
BY YODAMAN

The Fellowship has just made out from Rivendell. Saruman has just begun breeding his massive army of Uruk-Hai. The Witchking is beginning to mass his forces on the orders of Sauron. The War of the Ring is about to begin. Nobody in Middle-Earth is aware of the terrible events brewing around them. All except for Gondor, which is an easy target for Sauron, due to its close and strategic position from Mordor. Denethor, the steward of Gondor, is becoming more corrupt as the days go by. The army of Gondor, now lead by Faramir due to Boromir’s absence, isn’t making that much progress. Their main stronghold of Osgiliath is about to fall, and a massive army of Orcs has been ordered to destroy the city. But even though the hope for Middle-Earth’s survival seems dim, there is hope, even though it is in the least expected place.

CHAPTER I
CLIMAX OF LIFE

Ten years later

“Come on!” yelled a blue eyed, blonde haired, elf named Amanadan. “Old man Ang is telling another story!” Amanadan had fair skin and carried a bow and quiver on his back.

“COMING!” came the yell of Mîrien, his sister. She had sun-bleached skin, very light blonde hair and blue eyes that you could get lost in They both ran across the plains of Mirkwood to hear Ang’s latest story. He was a scraggly elf with deep blue eyes and a smile that warmed the room. Old Man Ang, or more commonly known as Anganca, was a veteran of the War of the Ring, and all the children loved to hear his stories. Amandan and Mîrien were his biggest fans, but practically every one of the Silvan elves in Mirkwood came to hear his stories. There had been no battles since the Battle of Moria, which ended 8 years ago. Just a few months ago, this dying elf came and told them stories that even rivaled the old tales of Numenor. But every time he told a tale, the people would notice he would be getting sicker and sicker. People from all over Mirkwood brought him gifts and nice food dishes they would make, but Ang just but them aside and never paid any attention to them.

“Hurry!” cried Amanadan. “He’s about to start!” They then ran in the hut that Ang always rested in. The second they busted in, Ang looked at them and smiled.

“I’m glad you came”, said Ang. “For this tale would be meaningless without you as witnesses. Welcome, all Elves of Mirkwood. For I have a grand tale for you. One that will shock you and enlighten you, for it is my best tale ever. It is the tale of the countless soldiers that fought in this War of the Ring. It is of how you are still standing here alive and happy. It is a tale of my friend Aralokë Sunshadow, who is the reason I am still alive today.” Amanadan and Mîrien were awed and afraid. Ang’s description of the tale made it seem like this could be the grandest tale they will ever hear. But somehow it felt like this would be the last tale from Ang they would ever hear.

“Now, where was I?” asked Ang. “Ah, yes. It all started in this very city. In the city of Menegroth.”

Please post all your reviews here. Also, please come here next friday for the second episode. Thanks