Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2004, 12:17 AM   #21
Telcontar
Enting

Quote:
Originally posted by Jersey Devil - You just figuring this out now?
C'mon give credit where it's due. I think you're just keeping your harsh stance because you've played up this harshly critiquing character so long, you'd feel you can't back down now or look like a fool. It's okay to just say, ok, I didn't like the movies, but hey, maybe they might be okay if they've been nominated to prestigious awards. It might not be the best movie ever, but it still will go down as one of the most epic ever, alongside Braveheart, Spartacus, Ten Commandments, Gladiator, and a few others. It might not be a drama like Cold Mountain, or Beautiful Mind, etc., but it is an epic drama. That still counts as being in the drama category and not in any other.

Anyway, I like that PJ's first comment was his recognition of "Professor" Tolkien, not just Mr. Tolkien. I think that was a well put title to enlighten people that he wasn't just some cooky author that made a fantasy book. Plus, this whole experience (movies, etc) has shown the world and sparked an interest to read not only his LOTR collection, but the other works as well.
If that is the best thing that these movies did, then so be it cause I think despite the differences it still brings honor to a great author.

You can respond and belittle me with banter, but I won't need to. I am also trying not to change any of your minds with MY opinion.

"Revenge is a dish best served cold." - Old Kingdom Proverb
Kill Bill Volume 1)
Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote