Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2004, 05:02 PM   #27
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

let's see...

free elections ~ he fought against a recount in his own election

free speech ~ he pushed through the patriot act which restricts freedom of speech in more ways than i feel like listing at the moment

free trade ~ he raised steel tariffs, extended copyright laws, and forced the us taxpayer to accept excessive no-bid contract terms in the name of national security

i am not a "democrat" btw (yes, they buy votes too), i just see them as the lesser of two evils when compared to gwb... and unfortunately, the only "electable" opposition

if the choice is between tax and spend or don't tax and spend, i will grudgingly except the former...

the government plays much less of a role in the us economy than most non-economists think, the economy will come back with or without political incentives... i am more concerned with how well the politicians keep their own house in order