Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2004, 01:42 AM   #1
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
Prayers

I know this is probably a bit of a worn out line... but I'm having some hard times with my mother and my father both, and I just was hoping someone could give me some advice...

My mother was told that there was a hole in her heart about a year ago, and 6 months later, she was sent to the hospital because of a minor stroke. Now she's possibly facing a surgery to fix the hole, and while her chances are fairly good, I can't help but become a victim of nerves.

And now my father was just recently admitted into the ER on the 11th, which was not a very pleasant birthday present for me, to say the least. Just yesterday he was taken out of the ER, to my great relief, but he was supposed to be released this afternoon. He wasn't. Now they're keeping him even longer, with the decision to use a cathator (sp? -- little camera for ppl like me) to snake up through his femural artery and into his heart.

The doctors say it's just to check, but I can't help but worry... They weren't going to do anything like that before, and it just came up all the sudden. Maybe it's just me going insane with nervousness.

All I know is that I want my dad home... Please, if anyone has any advice, I will gladly listen. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this...

Love always,
Akai

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote