Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2004, 05:49 PM   #11
brownjenkins
Advocatus Diaboli

i agree that creationism can be used to explain how things came to be in our world, and is just as valid as any other theory... my point is that it is not a very productive theory

one of the things that makes a scientific theory useful is it's ability to predict the future... studying things like asteroids and dinosaurs helps us to forsee what may happen in this planet's future... just saying that these sort of things are "acts of god", implies that you might as well give up, because they can not be predicted

i assume you could look to the book of revelations... but it's a little to vague to make any real conclusions

at different points in history science hits walls and theorizes... then facts later prove them right or wrong... many things that were considered works of the divine 2000 years ago are pretty well understood these days, others are not... some choose to call this remaining unknown divine, some choose to keep pushing the envelope and see how much farther we can go... either approach is fine and they do not have to necessarily threaten one another