Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2000, 11:27 AM   #17
Gilthalion

Juntel, juntel, juntel!

If you only focus with hostility upon the religious underpinnings of a point of view, to the exclusion of the merits of the ideas presented, you do disservice to these ideas.

(And if you do not believe in Good and Evil, and in spirits that work in their service, then I fear that you will always be defenseless before their ways. I do not "demonize" opposing points of view. I don't have that Power. But when I see the RABID desire for Partial Birth Abortions (D & E), to the exclusion of logic, then I know that it is a "Spirit" of thought that motivates this desire, not any carefully reasoned theory or the experience of millennia of human experience. It is unadulterated Evil. Look at who you choose to stand with, and the horrifying society they advocate...)

My last thread proposed, at least for my Nation, a (workable?) political compromise.

Maybe it isn't workable. But you have a fine mind and I think are a fine person!

Please do me the honor of debating my arugment, and not my convictions! (I only want to spare you defeat in this debate. You may well find irredeemable flaws in my States Rights based compromise. You will fail to shake my certainty in the King of Kings! Not that I think you are trying to do that... )

To restate, before it is lost again in the flowing thread, since neither side will EVER agree on a solution for EVERYONE then we can only hope to coexist by leaving such matters up to our representatives State by State. Those who could not stand living in Alabama, where all but the most extreme cases would undoubtedly be outlawed, would be free to live in New York, where such things are greeted with more enthusiasm than is seemly.

(And with that, the little hobbit (who did live in the SOUTH-farthing if you remember) looked at the old globe on his desk and pondered whether or not the Shire might not have to secede from the Union...)