Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2003, 12:34 PM   #11
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Guillaume le Maréchal
Hang in there, Ruinel. I'm in the process of writing the continuation of my above post.
That's fine, I'm actually going to have to come back later. I have a headache right now and a thousand things to do.
Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
But Ruinel, do you see validity for it within a church which accepts the Bible as the basis for its beliefs?

And, btw, my own church does ordain women (and with what we believe to be a scriptural basis) - we have throughout our 100 +/- year history. Still, not many women pursue this (and less now, ironically, than 100 years ago). Also - I certainly understand those churches which do otherwise...
Do I see the validity in it? No "validity" per se. I can see clinging to tradition: "we've always done it this way". But I do not see the validity of it. Things have changed in the Catholic Church from the first conception of it. And each change was valid and justified. The only reason I see the Catholic Church NOT allowing women as priests, is because women are taught to be mild and patient (something I never was), to sacrifice for their family, and put their needs and desires above her own. She is to aspire to be like Mary in all ways. When a girl child is baptised, often the priest will put the name Marie or Mary or Maria in front of the girl's name on the baptismal certificate. And basically, when Mary gave birth to Jesus her job was done. That was her worth... as the incubation chamber for Jesus... period.

I'm glad that your church ordains women. I think it is a step in the right direction.