Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #11
Aden
Elven Warrior

Quote:
A question: basically, the commonly agreed upon statement has been that the rule of judgment between right and wrong is whether or not it wrongs other people. Now, a question, which I have never heard an answer to that I remember: Why is it wrong to wrong others? Please note: I mean NO DISRESPECT to atheists, or anything of the kind. But, if we are all no more than animals, with no purpose other than the propagation of our own genes, then why is it wrong to hurt another person? I am not saying that it is not wrong from the secular view; I am merely saying that I don't know WHY it is, and would be initerested in finding out
It's really simple actually : I don't wrong others (at least I try) because I know how it feels to be wronged (common sense). I know that feeling and I don't want others to feel that way because of me. And I believe that animals never hurt each other the way humans do. At least in that matter they behave far more civilized.