Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2003, 09:46 PM   #11
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

You know the more I read this thread the more it seems like a lot of people seem to think minority worries about racism are completely bogus and they should just shut up. Personally I think that’s pretty *ucked up thank you. Sure people have gone over board and sure there will always be people to take advantage of situations but you really shouldn’t make it out as if racism never effected anyone and its all a big crock. I have an idea. How bout sighting an equally outrageous racism anecdote each time you site an outrageous pc example that we all shake our heads at. Believe it or not there IS a legitimate reason behind this sillyness that became the over the top pc movement. Don’t completely marginalize the horrors that HAVE happened for decades simply because you don’t like the pc crowd.

Now regarding chris rock: Richard Pryor was doing EXACTLY the same stuff (not the same material but the same kind of humor regarding blacks and whites) 20 years before Rock was. Ask rock. Hell say so himself. He thinks Pryor is a god. And Pryor’s stuff is some of the funniest stuff ive ever heard in my life. The guy was such a genius. Try listening to the bit he does about if black people had made the exorcist and youll see what I mean.

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
Why is it that black people can use the N-word but anyone else who does is racist?

Why is if a white person even remotely suggest a Black is to blame they have to resign?

That's bulls***.
What country do you live in? I have white friends who say nigger all the time and it doesn’t occur to them (or me anymore) that it’s a racist insult because of the way they use it. Its been marginalized.

On the second point: again what country is this? Are you saying that white people cant fire black people? Or cant blame blacks if they do something wrong? Again, not in my experience.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
I'm white, I live in "The South" (which is southern US for those of you outside the US), and actually Texas, to be exact. Unfortunately, a small segment of people here have left a strong impression on the rest of the world of people who are white in the south that we are all a bunch of uneducated, trailer-trash, country song lovin', spandex and tube top wearing, beer-bellied, racist hicks who have never left the trailer park we grew up in. And because there really are people here like that, they've f***ked it up for the rest of us who ARE educated and cultured and appreciate another person for who they are and not what epidermis they might be poured into.
what! You don’t wear spandex! * disillusioned *

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Last edited by Insidious Rex : 12-02-2003 at 09:47 PM.