Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2000, 05:42 AM   #11
arynetrek

tree-hugging

"If we damage our Mother Earth irreparably, we will not have to wait for the revenge of a mere nation: our world will take care of the job in short order and we will have the chance to walk the same path as that walked by the dinosaurs." i agree - ever heard of the Gaia theory?

as for nukes, i'm not going to get into whether the 2 used on Japan were necessary or not, but the idea of them bothers me. they don't just kill the band of enemies they're designed for, they also kill many more through the fallout. their pollution in the groudn & air (which all nations share) lasts for centuries (or longer) & affects all of us, as well as the plants & animals we share this planet with. as a couple of people have already said, sometimes it is necessary to kill a lot of soldiers quickly to end a war, but i don't think it's necessary to do so in such a destructive way. and i don't think it's necessary to condemn innocents to radiation poisoning or burning
in the flashfires.

aryne *