Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2000, 10:45 PM   #11
gdl96

Re: Your opinion

My Speach

Good evening, my fellow Ents, Hobbits, Dwarves, Huorns, and other Middle Earthlings. There are now less than four days until the Entmoot Presidential Elections. For those who haven't decided, this speach will change help you. For those who have decided on a different canidate, this may alter you desicion.

September 22, 1999, dmaul966 registered at Entmoot, only three days after Benjamin's Tolkien Board opens. Since then, dmaul966 changed his username several times, as the board's name changed to Entmoot. Several months later, on November 12, 1999, captain Tarpols registers at Entmoot, and on February 24, 2000, gdl96 turns 14 and HOBBIT is registered. Many months later, on July 21, 2000, Gilthalion registers here. He soon reaches 500 posts, long after the many usernames of Greg have accumulated that amount.

Now, October 2000, the Presidential Elections start getting very heated. It is basically split between a hero, a vigorous poster, and the creative on. The one that made the gdl era.

Heroism, in my words, is the chance of being in the right place, at the right time, with the right attitude. It is a great thing when youn are a hero of something, but being a hero involves luck. You can't just say "I'm gonna be a hero". HOBBIT got lucky. He also had the right attitude. He did a very great thing. And if he wasn't at the right place at the right time, someone else, or even nobody, would have been ther hero. Even I can be considered the hero of the Canada Wars. Although, if I never created them, or if I never had the right attitide of being nice, they might still be raging today.

Now we come to Gil. I'll try not to say how he hasn't done much. He has kept this board alove with lots of posting while I was in my "slumps". He has had great ideas and indroduced us to many things, such as grits. He kept the board alive, but not in the same way I keep this board alive. It is unquestionable how creative I am. Nobody can doubt it. Nobody.

I have been at this board almost as long as HOBBIT and Gil combined. I have experiance. I have kept this board alive at its lowest points. Yet, I have nothing to show for it. No custom title. No powers. Nothing. All I have is people here knowing who I am and refering to me occasionally. I deserve something. This election isn't much, but it's something.. And that is better than nothing. And if this election is all I get, so be it. If I don't get this election, so be it. If I never get more than I do now, so be it. I won't let it affect me, and I will keep this board alive. Always.