Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2003, 08:49 AM   #11
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Draken
[B]But Gaffer, SURELY you know that we must all stand shoulder to shoulder in a war against terrorism? Though it's funny, I do seem to recall there being terrorist attacks against a whole range of western nations before September 11, which didn't seem to end up with anyone standing at anyone's shoulder in particular.[/b[
What brought the September 11 terrorist attack so much notariety is the sheer number of innocent people who were murdered all at once. It was a shock, to say the least. I don't recall any terrorist attack anywhere in the world that had so many innocent, civilian lives murdered in one sweep. If you know some, in the last 10 years, please post them. I'd like to learn more.

Quote:
In fact the usual sort of response from a suddenly VERY keen proponent of the War on Terrorism was "Well you've brought it on yourselves and one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter, oh and by the way we've just shipped them another boat load of Armalites."

Odd how times change.
Who said that anyone deserved that. I know I didn't. I knew that there were terrorist attacks in Europe before September 11, I just assumed those countries were handling their own business and didn't need the US to go in and handle your affairs. (Another case of "come save us USA". Sheesh! ) I don't recall anyone asking for our assistance with their terrorist problem, anyway. (Let's all blame to US for our problems, why not, they seem an easy target. ) However, now that we have become involved in a more personal way, we are going to get into the fray, regardless of your opinions of whether we should be there or not.

It would be easier to fight against a common enemy together, than to fight him alone. Sorry you don't see it that way.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote