Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2003, 03:52 PM   #14
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Cassius
At least we can all agree that there was deviation. I for one wanted to see Glorfindel, since he is my favorite elf in the books. Not to mention the Glorfindel in the Silmarillion. I don't think that the ford scene was a good change, I think that it was a good scene. PJ mentioned something about having female characters playing a larger role because Women Activist groups got after him, IF I heard it correctly. That certainly doesn't totally justify the change, it just shows how the world we live in won't allow things to be exactly the same as it was first written. Some group or another will call you racist or sexist and sue.
I agree about Glorfindel.
Arwen in the movies makes me angry, since she wasn't suppose to have that big part, and the big part doesn't seem to effect anything, and it's B-O-R-I-N-G. PJ pushed Glorfindel out for her, and entered her in a scene in TTT, and I don't want to kknow what he did to her in ROTK...

I think Eowyn is enough, and if Tolkien didn't write much about other females (except Shelob of course), you can't stuck characters in the movie. It ruins the movie.

[edit] - about the Sil movie - I would go to see it, only from curiousity though... Also, it'll be harder to make Sil. The book might be smaller, but with much more info and scenes. (which are shorter, obviously)

Last edited by Radagast The Brown : 11-06-2003 at 03:54 PM.
Radagast The Brown is offline   Reply With Quote