Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-22-2003, 11:59 PM   #11
Ainaromenel
Hobbit

Ok, lets get a grip here folks. We are just leaving little replys on a discussion board on a site on the internet, none of us know who anyone else is, and in the end we would all defend our right to have our own opinion. There are other boards here that one person clearly disagrees with someone else, but rather than being rude or making crude jokes (jerseydevil ), they JUST back themselves up with reasoning. No one is ever going to take anyone else seriously if we all are being jerks about someone elses view. Ok now I'll get off my rather large soapbox and get on with it.

I'd agree with all of those that say Faramir's change in character is just as bad as Theoden's. If you read the books, Frodo and Sam actually go away from Faramir feeling happy. And yeah, Faramir may have let them leave in the movie, but I'd be hard pressed to believe there were no ill feelings on the part of the Hobbits. The Faramir of the books is probably my favorite character in LotR, but after watching the movie, I wonder how in the world they're gonna have him
hook up with Eowyn
in the third movie. I guess before I pass my final judgement on the Two Towers, I would like to see the extended version DVD. And who knows, maybe they'll have some flash backs or something in RotK and Theoden and Faramir will be like "Man, I was a jerk."

One can only hope!
Jesus Christ
my Savior

Last edited by Ainaromenel : 10-23-2003 at 12:01 AM.