Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2003, 08:49 PM   #11
Akamai Deredal
Elven Warrior

Location: Beyond conscious thought... and always out of reach
OOC: It's all right Fim... Long posts seem to be expected here ^_^ I know I don't mind. More to read Anywho... I'm thinking that the characters ought to 'interact' with each other more... ask more questions etc. That way some things came out in the open, if ya know what I mean...

IC:

As Siauhn watched the clouds sweep across the slowly lightening sky, her thoughts stole her away from where she sat, back to her home at the foot of the mountains, back to her years as a child. Memories rushed in on her unexpectedly, and she was powerless to stop them.
Her father was yelling again, in his umpteenth drunken rage of the month. She'd grown used to it, over the years, but the fear never went away. She could feel it now, growing into an icy knot the size of her fist, until it enveloped all her senses. "Idiot girl! What are you standing there for? I told you to go to your room!" His words were slurred, and his eyes wild as they nearly bulged from his head. The man wore a crazed look on his face, only one who had seen it would know what it did to anyone around. Siuahn could feel the tears slide down her cheeks as she cried, terrified for the man standing over her fallen form. The side of her face stung fiercly, but it went numb slowly as she laid there, listening to his bellows. Her mother lay a few feet from her, motionless. A dark pool slowly spread out from under the woman's form. Blood. Siuahn let a wail tear out of her twelve-year-old chest. Sobs racked her frail form as her father stuck her again. "Shut up! Stop crying!" The rage in his voice quelled her crying briefly, replacing her sorrow with fear again. His muscualr hand grabbed her by the shoulder and wrenched her from the floor and up onto her feet. "I said stop crying!" He struck her across the face again then threw her back down, leaving her there as he left the house. Siuahn cried herself to sleep that night.

Opening her eyes, Siuahn took a deep, wavering breath and wiped the tears from her eyes. That was the last time she'd seen her father. He'd left and never come back... Briefly, she wondered if the grave she dug her mother was still there, unravaged by wild animals. Pulling her knees up to her chin and wrapping her arms around her legs, Siuahn lowered her head and softly began to weep. Too many memories still stung.

OOC: See?! Long! lol

Potius mori quam foedari...
Death before dishonour...
Akamai Deredal is offline   Reply With Quote