Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2003, 04:54 PM   #12
Giroth
The Dragonqueen

I was homeschooled from the very beginning,and it works great for me.
I wasn't brought into the program because my parents though I was unable to deal with regular public school,but because they felt it was best for my brothers and I.It was for a number of reasons.

Now first off,to those that don't know,they way I'm homeschooled is not where my parents decide how good I did on my studies, or anything like that.We get our work books from a public school that supports the program,and THEY grade our work.We take tests at the school,not at home.We are simply doing the schoolwork at home.

Now,homeschooling is good in these ways as well:

No worry of having to 'fit in' with your other classmates,so less distractions,making way for better concentration,of course!

No bullies

No bus problems

Not to mention,it well bring the students closer to their homeschooling parents.Much less,if any, feelings of parents being 'out of touch' after hanging with your 'cool group' classmates and trying to fit in. You have a great deal of respect for your parents.

AND, YOU CAN STILL HAVE FRIENDS AND BE SOCIABLE.It's all good.

The main problem is though,that homeschooling cannot be done THAT easily normally,especially if both parents have full jobs.

That's,my take on it.And I'm in High School now.

'So choose today whom you will serve..as for me and my family we wil serve the Lord.'

" Now if you were a hot dog,and you were starving,would ya eat yourself? I know I would! First I'd smother myself in brown mustard and relish..I'd be so delicious!"

It's pronounced 'Hether', not 'Heether', biznotch!
Giroth is offline   Reply With Quote