Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2000, 12:52 AM   #11
Gilthalion

Re: ==========

I think and feel the "health of the mother" is an important issue that has its place, whatever reason the politicians involved had in mind.

Hard to legislate "health of the mother." Especially in light of the fact that "health of the mother" is not considered by anyone except the extremists to be a factor in this procedure. It is practically the least healthy option. The "elusive health risk" you speak of is elusive because it is prefabricated in all but the most rare cases, and these would withstand legal challenge, in my opinion. The number of PBAs is alleged by some to be much higher now (I heard 6,000 from one source) than in the days of Congressional testimony.

The debate over the responsibility and the choices made when the conceiving couple chose to have intercourse, as opposed to prenatal reconsiderations, has probably already been hashed out, and we may have to agree to disagree there as well.

Hmmmmm.

Are we done?

"Conservative Christians are treated in the Republican Party as African Americans are treated by the Democratic Party"

...Are CC condescended by the Reps? Are AA by the Dems?
...would you say that Blacks are treated in the Rep. Party as Cons. Christians are treated in the Dem. Party?

Yes. Yes. No.

Both constituencies are taken for granted by their respective parties. Here is the funny thing. Among the Christians in the Black community, who comprise most of the voters I imagine, the same moral/family values and work ethic is held! In these things, the Black churches are often more conservative than White churches! Yet these constituencies, with shared faith & values, are worlds apart in how they vote. Kept that way by exactly the sort of political games that we both detest.

Conservative Christians are not to be found in the Democratic Party. The few and very few exceptions do not even come to mind, a couple of Congressmen from Mississippi, I think. They are not welcomed, and are excluded from leadership or input and are not supported by the party.

Republicans, on the other hand, will actually do backflips to get Blacks to vote GOP. (They just never get around to it.) But they do welcome Blacks into the party and make their sincere but oh-so-clumsy-white overtures from time to time with gradually increasing success. GWBush actually addressed the NAACP meeting and was well received by the general audience. Black conservatives and moderates are becoming more vocal. The Democrats cannot maintain a 95% lock on the Black vote forever...

...Lyndon LaRouche...

Har har hardee har har! :lol:

What a nut! He thinks the Queen of England is behind the Drug Cartels...

He ran in the Democratic Primaries, and he scored ridiculously well, low double digits, against Al Gore after Bill Bradly dropped out.

I had some of his people on my talkshow before, talking about the economy. They are actually surprisingly competent and LaRouche once in a while demonstrates a startlingly clear grasp of The Big Picture...

...then he starts in on the Queen again...

Which brings us back to the topic of this thread!