Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2003, 09:58 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

A Shadow appeared by Dagankor's side, as he lay on his bed at night.

"I have come from the Council," it announced. "I bring news."

Dagankor did not open his eyes, but continued to lie still. "Give it," he commanded, his voice soft.

"Our new breed of orcs is perfected. The first companies are ready to issue forth, to join the rest of our army. If you have any need of our strength, it is here, for you to direct."

"I do not need it. I have spoken with many of the leaders who will be participating in the Council already, and they are falling into my hand. But tell me, what are our foes doing?"

"There are three movements they have already taken, against us. They sent an eagle to ask Rohan for an alliance. We have sent the servant of the Council, the Beoring, to stop it before it reaches them.

"They have sent a company out, of warriors. Where they are going we don't yet know, but they are watched, as well.

"And they are doing everything they can to marshal their remaining military forces, at Néred. Against this, we have yet taken no action."

Dagankor opened his eyes and sat up. "There is no need. Our army alone would be sufficient to crush them, without the soldiers of Enedwaith that I am attempting to subvert."

"But not if they join our enemies."

"Assure the Council of the Shadowhand of this," Dagankor said, angrily. "My attempts to take control of these military forces will not fail. Last time, the forces that had been provided me were insufficient for me to take Enedwaith at once. I trust that this time the same mistake will not be made. The defenses that the Shadowhand provides me are the only question. Are they strong enough?

"Now go back to your masters. I will not fail. I have no use for the army of the Shadowhand as yet- the battle should not begin until we have this Council completed."

"As you wish." The Shadow bowed, and left him.

Dagankor stood up, still angry. The Shadowhand leaders distrusted him. Him! Without him, the Hytorax would not be theirs, and they would not nearly so close to possessing Enedwaith as they were now. But only a few days from now, the Council would begin. And upon its completion, their military force would have grown so great that not even the force of Rohan combined with that of Vahatres could win. And the magic of the Hytorax most important of all. It connected with the other magical items would create a construct that would seize control of magic over nearly all Middle Earth. That final victory was close to gained, incredibly close.

"But they must not waste our chance on rash action," Dagankor said, quietly. "And that company . . . what is it doing?"
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote