Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2003, 10:11 AM   #28
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by durin's bane
Sony is ruling because gamers today refuse to buy game systems if they don't have all that extra crap in them. The PS2 is ugly,
Yes, I know, I wish I had a purple system too.

Quote:
poorly put together,
It's not an essay. It's a box.

Quote:
and has the worst game selection I have ever seen. Most of its games are 1st person shooters and sports games.
I doubt that FPSs and sports make most of their market. The games are different, though, because they're specifically for people over the age of of nine.

Quote:
Sony doesn't care if your PS2 doesn't work seven years from now, because by then, they'll come out with something new that has everything PS2 could do, plus a built-in cloning machine, a light-show producer, and a beef jerky maker. Sony is run by money-hungry gibbons that only want to make a PS2 as much of a multi-tasker as possible so that they can reel in your money. Nintendo is in it for the long run. They are an all-game company. They know what will work and what won't. They don't need to glue on a bunch of pretty bells and glitter to the Gamecube so that people will buy it; they have great quality games to make it sell.
Oh, have you heard of the Q? My good friend is a Nintendo collector with opinions similar to yours. He ordered the Japanese version of Game Cube, called the Q. You know what it is? A larger box, chrome, with blue lights around the controller sockets, a DVD player, retractable thing to put the games in, and runner lights on the top that say hello when you turn it on. It wasn't given to the rest of the world simply because the Japanese assumed we're not ready for it, plus they knew that Americans go for it if it's tiny.
The same story goes for Super Mario Bros 2, ten and someodd years ago. The Nintendo company didn't think that people outside Japan would be ready for Mario is Missing. (Maybe because it could frighten the kiddies).

And about PS2 accesories, which would include a DVD player, of "crap quality." It was installed to read DVD based games, which give noticably better, smoother graphics. (Graphics that the games would actually utilize, by avoiding cell shading) Of course, it could also play DVDs, and so why not add it in? That was a good idea, Sony.

Quote:
Oh, and the reason Nintendo is dropping prices is probably because they aren't as demanding for money. Sony hasn't dropped PS2 prices officially; they still want that $300.
Actually, that's probably more directly related to the fact that GameCube has stopped selling, while PS2 hasn't.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 10-09-2003 at 09:41 PM.
Bombadillo is offline   Reply With Quote