Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2003, 04:57 AM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

The Biblical Creation Story

Meanwhile, the creation story as written in the Bible I don't find to be at all unrealistic. It is not entirely without scientific validation. Indeed, some parts of it show a great understanding of the way things used to be on Earth, a long time ago.
What we can see
For example, the Bible speaks of the dinosaurs, acknowledging their existence and speaking of their transformation into reptiles as we know them today. (Genesis 3:14)

The Bible also describes the formation of the atmosphere in exactly the same way as science describes it. As described in the Bible, originally the sky and sea were together. They were separated, and the whole of Earth was covered in one huge ocean. Then Pangea appeared (See Genesis 1:6-9). The breaking of the continents is mentioned(Genesis 10:25), though this is somewhat debatable. It could be talking about the peoples of the earth, but taken literally, it can be spoken of as meaning the continents. Especially since we already can see strong reason to believe that Pangea was accepted as existing.

It is my belief that even evolution according to environment might have been predicted in Genesis (See Genesis 1:24).
Those parts that aren't yet accepted
I already presented a theory at an earlier time for the long ages of people.

Eve's creation from Adam we can't be sure is absolutely impossible by scientific process. The changing of sex to continue a strained race has been observed among other animal species.

The flood has huge validation by vast numbers of myths and legends. Many of the accounts match in numerous characteristics. My Dad has a very good theory about the flood, but it'll be many years before I can get into that adequately . When his discoveries are published. Before that, I can't do very much on this point.

The 7 Days I don't take as literal. There is Biblical evidence also that implies they aren't literal, most blatant among them being the fact that it wasn't until the fourth day that the sun was created.

I think these are the main points.