Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2003, 06:27 PM   #11
Indril Anarion
Elven Warrior

"I shall go," said Luthien, grasping her bow. "If I do not return before sundown, send someone after me."

With that Luthien sprinted across the river and into the unscouted land ahead. Once on the bank, Luthien bounded up a tree to be sheilded from unfriendly eyes. Strange noises echoed through the air alongside with the occasional rustling of the underbrush. Aside from that, all seemed quiet...too quiet.

Luthien continued further up the path. The lingering trail of orc stench was evident. However, Luthien also picked up on another scent, one of which was very rare. She couldn't exactly place what it was...all she knew was that it was to be avoided.

She looked around, her senses sharpened. There was something in the distance. Whether or not it recognized her presence, she did not know. Slowly, Luthien fitted an arrow into her bow as she sensed it nearing.

Suddenly, Luthien felt something grab ahold of her. Before she could react, she was pulled out of the tree by a thick web surrounded, hitting the ground hard. Unable to move from a great deal of pain, Luthien looked up to see a very large spider looking down at her, it's claws poised to strike.

Without thinking twice, Luthien fired her arrow into the eye of the beast. Letting out a shriek of pain, the spider struck Luthien in the shoulder. Luthien too let out a shriek of pain, firing another arrow into the spider's abdomen. The spider stumbled back. Luthien could feel the poison surging through her viens. The world around her was getting dark and her limbs were numbing. She was losing consciesness. With her remaining strengths, Luthien took the blade from her boot and flung it at the spider. The spider shrieked in pain as the knife penetrated its skull. Drawing its final breaths, the spider toppeled over, dying.

Before losing consciousness, Luthien thought...

Seth....I.....Seth....help.....

And the darkness engulfed her.
-Gandalf, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Nobody tosses a Dwarf."
- Gimli, FOTR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Save Ferris!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My true Elven name is Idril Anarion, but I misspelled in the username, and now I can't fix it... Oh, well...now you know...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't be afraid of death....Be afraid of the unlived life- Tuck Everlasting
Indril Anarion is offline   Reply With Quote