FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2003, 06:54 PM   #21
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Elfhelm
Ummm... exactly what would merit closing this thread?

Ru, at issue is the use of the flag. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion. On that we all agree. But when one group seizes the flag and waves it while vehemently stating their opinions, we have a problem.

This is an international forum. I strongly dislike the use of our flag by people who do not represent all of us. They give the false impression to the rest of the world that we all agree with their factionalized opinions. And I took my oath and did my term of service to defend that flag. I am really sick of seeing it used by bloodthirsty people.

That does not warrant locking any thread, in my opinion.
You are familiar with posting policies on this board I take it? When threads become loaded and the potential to flame is there, a decision may be made by mods and admins to close the thread if they deem it to be non-beneficial to the forum. All I am saying, is that the two parties in question in this thread, need to calm down, before I have to intervene.

You may not like JD's opinions, or agree with them, and even though you are a veteran of the armed services of the US, the flag and the symbolism is not your personal property. It is his right on or off of this messageboard to flag wave, or have the flag here as his avatar. Entmoot, is not a democracy.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote