Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2003, 07:34 PM   #1
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Return of the King Predictions

In addition to being known as "The Enlightened One" here at Entmoot, I'm also a brilliant psychic. Here are my crystal ball predictions for The Return of the King:

1. The picture will be as eagerly anticipated this fall as The Phantom Menace was in the spring of 1999. Only with ROTK, the pre-movie buzz will add fuel to the fire whereas the pre-movie buzz was a damper for TPM. The vast majority of the critics will use words like "modern-day classic" and "greatest adventure of all time."

2. The movie will have the biggest opening weekend numbers ever seen in December.

3. The movie will become only the second film in movie history to break the 1 billion dollar world mark as a theatrical release.

4. On Sunday night, February 29th, the film will win a best picture Oscar and a best director Oscar will go to Peter Jackson.

5. Sean Astin will be nominated for a best supporting actor Oscar but my crystal ball is cloudy on whether or not he will win.

6. The incredible success of ROTK at the box office will lead New Line to decide to release the Extended version of the film at the theatres in the fall of 2004 before releasing it as a DVD.

7. ROTK will clean up at next summer's MTV movie awards. Gollum will make another memorable appearance at the awards show.

8. In November of 2005, New Line will release all three extended versions of the Lord of the Rings in DVD format together as a boxed set with special added features.

9. New Line will eventually work out a deal with Universal for the American distribution rights for The Hobbit and Peter Jackson will be hired to write, produce, and direct the film.

10. Ian McKellan will reprise his role as Gandalf in The Hobbit.

You heard 'um here first, guys. Any other predictions -- or comments about mine?
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote