Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2003, 03:15 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:

Or did I said anything about the US and Japan? No? So why do you argue like if I did?
Japan is what got us into WWII - and by your own admission - Japan was the only country that attacked us. We didn't have to go after Germany. Like I said - you're lucky I guess we came to YOUR aid. The reason I brought up japan is because people have said we didn't get into WWII soon enough - you are the only one that have even heard suggest that we didn't have to get involved at all (if you extend your idea that the countries of Europe acted on their own and Hitler hadn't attacked any of them).
Quote:

If some Europeans criticizing you for “coming late,” tell that to those that say it, DON’T lecture me about it.
I don't know if you think we came in late or not. I was stating views that I repeatedly hear from Europeans. As I said in the PM - look at the past threads on the anti-americanism that has gone on this board and how we were criticized by your fellow continentals on not getting involved sooner.
Quote:

No, that is what you don’t get. THEN we weren’t becoming a country. NOW we are, (perhaps).
So in other words - no one could lift a finger against Hitler - but all the European countries could meet to decide NOT to do anything - and to go so far as to tell Hitler he could have Czechloslovakia but NOT Poland?
Quote:

2 clearly had, (to significant parts of it, at least), Germany and USSR.
NO - if you read European history - which I imagine you have - you would know that all the countries were interested in what their neighbors did. They just felt they could appease Hitler and he'd just be happy.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote