Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2003, 03:04 AM   #11
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem

Thanks, GM. The same to you; you are always not only interesting, but courteous; an area I fear that I lack in from time to time.

d I would like to point out that you are, according to Christianity, informed as to the consequences of your acts, and are able to choose between life and death, blessings and cursings.

Another thing I would like to say is that while it is most surely true that sin is detrimental to us, I think that the most important thing to state is that, from the Christian view, it is unhealthy for one's soul (or spirit, depending on which you prefer ). Sin is a cancer, which causes our spirits to sicken, and damages our relationship with God. If left unattended, it could in the end prove to be a fatal cancer.

I feel like there's much more that I want to say, but alas! I am feeling rather illiterate in the English language tonight, and I don't really have the time to sort out my thoughts, so I must bid you "a Dieu".
Thank .you , Gwai- and while I have slipped a few times I can't recall anything that you've posted that hasn't been unfailingly well-mannered and well-argued.

OK, enough of the nice-guy stuff, let's get down

The bit about consequences was just making sure that contingencies were covered- smoking, for example. For many years- hundreds, in fact- the bad effects were simply not known.

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
GrayMouser is offline   Reply With Quote