Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Literature
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2000, 05:05 AM   #1
Pippin Skywalker

WAR OF THE LITERATI

On this day,the fourteenth of October 2000, I open the contest of the Literati. All peoples,ages,genders,sizes and shapes are welcome to compete. Here are the Rules:

1. The point is to display all the things you have read and win points. Classics and old books score very high,whereas things like horror and mysteries score low.The following amount of points are the worth of the following types of literature:
Classics and old myth 10, Dramas 8, Science Fiction/Fantasy 5 (this does not include Tolkiens works,because they were HIGH quality.This would fall in the classic category. Also for GOOD Science Fiction "type" works like Ray Brabury, H G Wells, and books like Brave New World and 1984 I will make exeption. Things like that would earn you not as high as a classic or drama....you would recieve a 7), Old poems and poets (like the greek poets,Tennyson, Lord Byron, Poe,Dickenson,T.S. Elliot "etc") worth a 9, modern poems and poets 4, Romances 5 (however, Romances early 1900's and before are worth an 8. This I know could get confused with the classics, so if it IS in this category,consult with me and I'll judge accordingly.), Comedy 5, Philosophy 8, History 7, Horror 3, Mystery/Thriller 4.

2. Post the title of the book or play and the genre. Then put the score that that book/play/poem is worth (like Classic 10, Horror 3,). Then add up the total and put it at the end of your post. If you make a SEPERATE list on ANOTHER post do the same thing and total it. That's also where grand totals come in...the total of your last post added to your second post.

3. All books MUST be fiction (with the exeption of Philosophy and History).No books like : Mick Foley's "Way To Make A Man Sorry He Ticked Me Off" or any such foolishness.

4.Be nice and courteous to your fellow contestants.

5. Don't make me have to come to your house with an arrest warrant.

Alright my hearties....let's begin the jollity!

If you have questions...feel free to ask me.

P.S. If you don't like this idea please don't bash it like the folks at the Jedi Council did (yeah I posted it there). If you don't care for it.....ok...but be nice about it One guy said "This is the stupidist idea I've heard of"

Have fun! ......if you can!