Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2003, 11:02 AM   #11
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
...It was hard for me to get out of that - I usually find myself saying God a lot.
I do also... more like, when surprised: "OMG!" It's programmed in.
Quote:
When you tell little kids about religion they often just accept it - no question. Don't be all "oh this kid asked this question." Sometimes kids will ask questions about the stories or something that doesn't make sense to them (it should be the whole religion),but that is only a few people, not most.
I was one of those kids, growing up. But it was more like... "*rolls eyes* oh... crap... not her again. *sigh*"

Quote:
Kids are also much more enthusiastic in relgious services. I know that I was. I also really liked Hebrew school at first.

Then I got older. A lot of it stopped making any sense....I saw the truth, that I had basically been lied to from birth.
This is true. I was in Catholic School up until high school. I was in everything. I was in the choir, I was in the youth groups, everything. I was a lot older than you when I finally opened my eyes. I tried to keep them shut for a very long time. I honestly tried very hard to believe. It was a struggle for me for the longest time.

Don't blame those that lied to you from birth, they themselves believe the same lies. They have not broken the programming, like you and I have.

BTW: the equivalent to Bar- and Bat-Mitzvah is Confirmation. Communion is where, after the Priest says a few words over little wafers and wine, you eat the body and drink the blood of Jesus Christ in the form of the little wafer and a sip of the wine. Supposedly, the words said by the Priest bring the body of Jesus Christ into the wafers and the blood. *shrugs* whatever.

Personally, I dread the Christian holidays because I'm still expected to go to mass with my family. The presure of buying gifts for everyone, and getting gifts I don't need. But last Easter, I told my sister I was NOT going to Easter mass... I thought she was going to pass out.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote