Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2003, 11:02 PM   #11
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
So in other words - they're being the NFL - with some rule modifications.
You mean NHL? I guess the typing errors are contagious.

Quote:
Then what's the "world" - is America going to have a World Hockey League and then the only teams will be American? I can see that being a great "anti-American" whipping post.
When they operated is the 70's under the same name the teams were only in the US and Canada. But, at the time they drafted a ton of European players that the NHL did not do then, So at that time WHA meant a "global" player pool. Now, it does not apply.

Quote:
don't really care about New YORK because New YORK isn't New JERSEY. So New YORK can do what it wants. However I hope that the New JERSEY area team will always be the Devils.
This difference may be like our olympic differences. I just want to see entertaining hockey be the team in NJ, NY or Cambodia.

I think I support a STYLE of play as opposed to a WHERE of play.

Quote:
Not if they don't have the teams. I believe foorball - as matter of fact know so - tried the same thing with their new "league". New Jersey even had a team. It failed within two years I think. No one was interested. We had our teams established.
This question is a query not a bate. Was there a NFL strike at that time?

I am curious as to whether people would be more interested in watching enterianing hockey if the NHL strikes. IF the WHA provides more exciting hockey I hope that if it can not carry on it would do as you stated here:

Quote:
I think the only thing the league may do - is force some changes in the NHL - but ultimately the WHA would fail.

I think I can sum it up this way. The current NHL is poor quality and I just want to see exciting hockey.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
afro-elf is offline   Reply With Quote