Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2003, 05:28 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
Both evolutionists and creationists have some tenets in their theories that they won't change. Evolutionists won't change that macro-evolution occurred, and creationists won't change that complex species were created right from the start and only vary in certain ways allowed by characteristis already in the species (and thus do NOT go from fish to man). Mechanisms are proposed for both theories. If the scientific evidence doesn't support the posed mechanism, then a different mechanism is developed. That's why the current evolutionary theory is Neo-Darwinism; because the expected transitional fossils weren't found, the theory of punctuated equilibrium was posed. Do you see what I mean? Evolutionists were NOT willing to throw out macro-evolution when the fossil evidence didn't fit it!! Instead, they proposed another MECHANISM for how macro-evolution occurred. Same for creationists - they are not willing to throw out the creation characteristics of what we see, but they CAN change a proposed mechanism if it doesn't fit the data.
But that's not true - we HAVE found transitional fossils. We just haven't found ALL the transitional fossils - and with the complexity for fossils to form - I doubt we will find all of them. We have and will find enough which will indicate a progressive change in animals (take the dinosaurs with the beginnings of feathers which have recently been found).

Creationists just don't want to connect the dots. They want to think of a species as being unchanging and their own little island. It's like seeing three frames of an animation of a person walking. The missing frames aren't there - but if you study it - you can see the movement of the foot forwad, then on the ground and then behind. You should be able to visualise the missing frames - and that's what evolution has to do. We're looking at an animation with some of the frames missing.
Quote:

Thanks, JD, for telling me that, because I was starting to think our differing opinions had started to make you dislike me But now I feel better. My in-laws only had a few hours, that's why they wanted to see Ground Zero - a pretty important and solemn site in the history of our country.
I agree. If you're ever in the area or your parents-in-law are - I'll be happy to show you around. And no - I don't let difference of opinions cause me to dislike or hate someone. I judge people by how they treat me - not by what they're political beliefs, religious beliefs, etc are.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide