Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Harry Potter
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2003, 04:51 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Arathorn -

I was surprised by the line too. But words in British English are used differently. I did think it was funny that they left it in in the American version since that is basically only used in a sexual manner in the US. We don't even say "The water ejaculated from the bottle" We say "squirted". I can picture a lot of 13 years olds going around in class saying "ejaculated" when they are talking about someone yelling something.

As for the death scene - I was disappointed. I feel sorry for Harry - but basically the description of Sirius's death had no feeling to it. It was just people saying he's gone, never coming back. I also don't trust the veil thing - I just think there is a way to get him out or at least talk to him.

I actually thought it was going to be Neville who died. I figured he was going to sacrfice himself to protect Harry by jumping between Harry and Voldemort. I just thought in the end Neville was going to die as a hero. and be a really emotional death. Or else the other person I thought it would be was Ginny for the same reason. Ron seeing his sister die would have been very eomtional. But I was left feeling empty with the whole Sirius death thing. It had no emotional impact and I liked Sirius - so I'm sorry he's dead.

There has to be some reason for Sirius's "death" though. It has to be important in some way to the plot.

I had problems with the book - because too much of it seems to be spent setting up things for the next book. As has been mentioned - there was nothing said at all about the Prophecy until the last couple of chapters. So much of the book was just Harry having that unfinished "dream" - but then no one giving any hints nor anyone really attempting to figure out what it was. It was just so much in the dark until the very end. I also thought that the situation with Umbridge was wrapped up too quickly Too much of the book was wrpped up too quickly in the last couple of chapters.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote