Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2003, 12:38 AM   #11
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

OOC: Perhaps i should explain him more.

I was fuming on the inside. Everything had come back. The wars, the death, the pain, all of it. I knew i was no longer a young sapling in their tender youth when energy and life was aplenty. After calmly walking away out of earshot of the elves, I ran as fast and as far away as i could. Jumping, leaping, and running through the trees.

I came latter on to a small clearing next to a stream I fell down and lay there for hours i couldnt count. thinking of all past adventures and exploights. victories and defeats. With a sharp intake of breath an old memory shot up in my eyes.

She was there, laughing and calling my name. Running and calling for me to chase after her. My wife. While we were in our youth. Then that was replaced by another image, darker, i lost my breath completely.

screams, my son and daughter crying for me and for their mother, both but babes. Cries of death. My wife calling for me. Our city had been attacked by the witch king in the dead of night when we did not expect it. Everything was destroyed and killed. My family inculeded. I found her lying face down with her sword broken under her, our children were taken my a neighbor to safety to some other city. I picked her up and wept, not seeing the evil king come behind me.

all went black. Dark days blended into dark dreams. I shuddered and got up and washed my face in the stream.

"ENOUGH! I WANT NO MORE! ALL I WANT IS TO HAVE MY FAMILY BACK!" I sank back down and rested until it was either days or hours that went by as i heard my party pass.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
The last sane person is offline   Reply With Quote