Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2003, 06:48 PM   #21
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I think nuclear energy can replace fossil fuels in the future. I know the Bush administration is considering building new nuclear power plants in the US, which I think is a good idea.
Nuclear energy is clean, cheep and gives great amounts of energy. The supplies of uranium or thorium that is needed in the plants won't be exhausted for a very long time, unlike oil. With the best kinds of power plants, the supplies of uranium and thorium could last for billions of years.
So go ahead and throw up new nuclear power plants! Just make sure they have a shell of concrete around their reactor. We don't want risking another Chernobyl, do we?
One problem there - liberals are now against nuclear power plants. New Jersey itself has two Nuclear Power Plants - there is one right across the border in NY State. In California they want all nuclear power plants closed - they're now fighting to have Indian nulcear power plant closed in NY. Thye seem to want us to just live in the dark ages I think.

I support nuclear - until something better comes along. The only problem is the nuclear waste it generates - not to mention if it has a meltdown.

Quote:

My 1100th post. In binary numbers, that means 12. Take 12 times 2 and you get 24, which is today's date
I like it.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote