Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2003, 03:34 AM   #11
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
My eyes. They are beautifully chiped and chiseled arrowheads, with lovely curved bases for tying. They look like elves made them. They do not look like pointy rocks. I would think erosion would make for smoothness, not an arrow shape. As I mentioned, my farm was once part of the Miami Indians first reservation, there are native american artifacts all about the area. We have a musuem for all this type of stuff in the small burg where my son goes to school. Erosion looks different.
Yes, I believe that your eyes are indeed intelligently (and beautifully!) designed, and NOT the result of time and chance. In fact, Darwin himself says the following about the eye:
Quote:
from Origin of Species, by Charles Darwin
To suppose that the eye, [with so many parts all working together] ... could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree.
(I'll be talking more about this area later)

It's funny that you brought up the arrowheads when you did, and I would certainly expect you to see that they are NOT the product of time and chance, as you definitely did. Here's some quotes from the Morris book about arrowheads and design:
Quote:
What do I mean by 'evidence of creation?' Isn't creation something you either believe or don't believe? How can we talk about scientific evidence of creation?
He then goes on to talk about a person walking along and finding a pebble shaped like a cowboy boot.
Quote:
As you roll the pebble around in your hand, you notice that the softer parts of the rock are more worn away than the harder parts, and that the lines of wear follow lines of weakness in the rock. Despite some appearance of design, the boot shape of the tumbled pebble is clearly the result of time, chance, and the processes of weathering and erosion.
(and I would add you could gather similar type rocks and in the lab, subject them to water and sand and see a similar result.)

But then you see an arrowhead, and
Quote:
Immediately it stands out as different. In the arrowhead, chip marks cut through the hard and soft parts of the rock equally, and the chip line goes both with and across lines of weakness in the rock. In the arrowhead, we see matter shaped and molded according to a design that gives the rocky material a purpose.
and
Quote:
You have just done what many people dismiss as impossible. In comparing the pebble and the arrowhead, you were easily able to recognize evidence of creation. .... Using your knowledge of erosional processes and your observations of hard and soft rock, you were able to distinguish a result of time and chance (the tumbled pebble) from an object created with plan and purpose (the arrowhead).
And a very important conclusion:
Quote:
If we had found such objects as arrowheads on Mars, all scientists would have recognized them immediately as products of creation, even though in that case we would have no idea who made them or how.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 06-13-2003 at 03:36 AM.
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote