Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2003, 10:09 PM   #11
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Breathalizer
800 million for each of the first two at the boxoffice and they're....losing steam? Will TTT lose steam when the DVD comes out? What about the Extended version of the film? Since "people are complaining about them", will ROTK be a dud at the boxoffice next Christmas? I swear, some of you people live in a self-delusional fantasyland. You have to share a retelling of LOTR with the rest of the world now. So what? Get over it.
Sorry - but the are losing steam. Not many people have countdown to the release of TT like they did for FotR in their sigs (actually I don't see any). People did NOT go to see TT as many times as they went back to see FotR and if Jackson screws with RotK - even more people will be pissed.

The movies are action movies and with each movie - more and more fans come around to criticising jackson. I also said that wait 10 years, 50 years and see if they're on the best movies ever made list - like Tolkien has been named for books.

What IS VERY FUNNY is that you're really the only one defending the movies. Last year I was the only one complaining about them and eveyrone was against me. I say that's a sign that they are losing steam and won't surpass Tolkien.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 06-02-2003 at 10:11 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote