Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2003, 04:53 PM   #11
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

I'm only partially repeating myself here - some new ideas (good new ideas and points) read it anyway. not going to be long and it may even be close to an IP level.

The bible is only loosely based in fact - havent read the new testament, but there were the kings mentioned in the old testament, etc. these things have been proved by archiologists - but the bible is not completely historically accurate - some dates are off, etc, and historically not all of the kings and other characters mentioned that actually existed were as powerful or played as big a part as the bible mentions. And, of course all that god stuff and unbelieveable stuff is not very accurate.

You can't possible prove that the bible is the word of god or that any god exists. You also cannot disprove this. You also can't prove or disprove that i have an invisible friend. You also can't prove or disprove the existance of multiple gods/goddesses or ghosts, or spirits, etc. Of course you all think that vampires and ghosts are rediculous? PROVE that they don't exist. Well I think that God is rediculous.

What I also do not like is how religious people are so arrogant. I'm sure that all of the christians in the topic honestly
believe that your faith is superior to all others and that you are right and that god loves you. How arrogant!! Jews believe their religion is right and so do Muslims, Hindus, Budhists, etc. Who are YOU to say that your way is the best.

Also, for example the christians here all "KNOW" that their religion is right. Jesus and God loves them sooo much and loves me too (hugs god). In their hearts, its all good. They have this feeling inside, so it must be right. Um, Jews "KNOW" that their religion is right. Muslims also "KNOW." Christians in this topic: how is YOUR feeling of being right SUPERIOR to these other feelings? They KNOW they are right IN THE SAME WAY that you KNOW you are right, right? You will probably say no, how so?

WHAT ABOUT ANCIENT RELIGIONS - they also "KNEW" that their religion was right and all others were wrong - that is why they conquered otehrs and forced them to practice their religion. Who are YOU to say that they were wrong and YOU are right? In what way is the idea of ONE god better than MANY. It is just as reasonable that there are many gods than there is only one. What about the Greeks, Romans (same basically as greeks though), Mayans, Incas, Aztecs, Norse religion, native americans other peoples and religions. Are you saying that their beliefs were WRONG? Were their lives meaningless and without real truth? Puh-leaze!

THERE CANNOT BE MULTIPLE TRUTHS or what would be the point of being in one or the other? Make up your own religion, do whatever you want, believe what you want, follow whatever rituals you want - kind of defeats the whole purpose of it! If being a christian, jew, muslim, hindu, budhist, raelian makes no difference as to whether or not i get into heaven - then what is the point?

Also - christians disagree on a lot of things. Some in this topic say that all non-christians are going to hell! Others say that they don't believe that non-christians are automatically going to hell. Well which is it? THEY CAN"T BOTH BE RIGHT. Also, someone here said that Jews can still go to heaven - others say no. I would think that these things would not be up for debate - entrance into heaven being so important and all. If these things can be questioned, so can others.

It is also a matter of how you interpret things. Other christians believe that ufos guided moses through the desert, abducted elijah, did stuff to christ (not a christ expert). Are they wrong? Why, because YOU say so?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
HOBBIT is offline   Reply With Quote