Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2003, 03:16 PM   #11
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
And what is so devastating about that is that people are stripped of their value, and I hate that, because that is a lie. Young, impressionable students are taught at a very early age by authority figures that they are just the results of random chance and beneficial mutations. [...]And I object to that thought, because people ARE very valuable beings - they are of great worth! Every one of you who post here on Entmoot is an incredibly valuable being, both to me and to God.
Personally I don't mind having a onecellular entity as my pre-pre-pre- ect- ancestor. It teaches me humilty and gives me a connection to this world. And I think that's both a very good thing to have. However it doesn't mean I don't have value. But my value comes from myself, who I am and who I can be, not from the possible fact that I'm created by a god. In fact if I'm only valuable because I am a created being, this would make me very sad. But I can understand other people like it the other way around.

Quote:
Originally posted by Samwiselvr2008
Evolution should be taught in public schools but only if they also teach about creationisom and all of the other main beliefs also, it should all be said as "some people believe" or "it is possable" and stuff like that it should not be said as the treuth. So, that's that, I would post more, but my sister is nagging me about getting online, so I have to go, be back later to reply and add to this post. Tell me what ya think!
I think it's a little over the top to go saying "some people believe in evolution". A better way would be saying "The current evolutiontheory is the best scientific theory available today.". When I got evolution in biology classes we learned about the history of evolution and the older, now disregarded theories too. It was very smart to do so because we learned that evolution was not answer to all problems. Creationism was largely dealt with in religionclasses. Personally I think that's the best way to do it.

PS: Samwiselvr2008, it's feel not fill. Each time you type fill, it reminds me of a christmas turkey.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
Bliss Ninny versus Toxic Granny.
That's one match I'd love to watch! *brings out the popcorn*