Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2003, 08:22 PM   #1
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Celebrity news - who freaking CARES?

We all know how scandalous tabloids are total trash and a waste of trees, material not even worth wiping your arse with.

But it's about time we attacked the real root of the problem: the societal obsession with celebrities.

Look. I don't care who's dating who as long as it's not my girl. I don't care who's marrying who as long as it's not my mother. I could frankly care less if some famous "football" player (and I use "football" loosely, i.e. in the incorrect American sense) murdered his wife - it makes him no better than any other common murderer. No way should people with household names be subjected to public invasions of privacy. No way should these public invasions of privacy affect their careers, as they so often do.

And no way should otherwise decent people be reading trash like People magazine, which dares to pass itself off as legitimate - let alone the gossip tabloids in the supermarket stands.

Stop buying that crap. Stop reading that crap. And spread the word and stop everyone you know from obsessing about the private lives of people they don't even know. (And if they actually know those celebrities perchance, double shame on them.)

If there is no market for worthless gossip about famous people, it will ruin that industry. And rightfully so. I don't pretend that my efforts will single-handedly sink them, but we might as well save as many people as we can.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote