Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2003, 06:32 PM   #11
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Ah, forgot to mention. If you've read my posts, you would know that I have experienced religion for most of my life. And I do understand it, that's why I have become an atheist.
You've been a Christian. Many Entmooters have been Catholics in the past. But if you knew the truth about the born again experience, you would not mock it. Being a Christian is not congruent with being born again. This was proved multiple times by the Pharisees, the great spiritual leaders of Jesus' time.

You have not experienced the miraculous power of God, so how can you claim to understand it? All you understand is its nonexistence, based upon your own lack of experiencing it.

Because you do not understand that experience, I readily forgive your mocking it. I've heard other Atheists on Entmoot mock it before. But when I'm speaking of spiritual experiences as I have, and say that my own and those of many other Christians aren't far from what is described in the Bible, you plainly have not experienced that. Therefore, I am right in saying that you mock what you do not understand and have not experienced.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote