Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2003, 09:52 PM   #11
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by bropous
How many angels CAN dance on the head of a Balrog?
The correct answer is SEVEN.
GAH!! YOU can NOT be serious!! It's 6, SIX!!!!!! And they are named, for Pete's sake!!! Up, down, top, bottom, charmed and strange!!! And possibly 18 depending upon how you look at it!
Quote:
... tired old beaten dead horse....
Ah, but tired old beaten dead horse is good eatin'. *stokes fire for the bar-b-q*
Quote:
New and inventive permutations on the ad hominem. I KNEW there was a purpose to this.
Who's attacking who now?
Quote:
... just re-examinations of one's own navel and self-praise for the superiority of "innies" versus "outies".
Innies!!! Innies are far, far superior!!! They would never rub against your jeans when you bend over! How can you even THINK that an outie would be even equal to an innie! GAH! What are you thinking?
Quote:
And does ANY of this advance understanding of either Tolkien's books or Jackson's films? I challenge all and sundry to provide evidence that it has.
Tis not the end product, but the making of said product that fulfills.
I think you need to get your panties untwisted, or something. It's making you very testy. You should relax more. Have a beer. *pulls beer from cooler, hands to bropous*
Quote:
Solution? Shake hands, go off into the ether, and realize that no one is very likely to convince anyone else of anything.
Are you seriously suggesting that I 'shake hands' with someone who claims that PJ improved on Tolkien? lol! You jest!

........ By the way, you might want to kick back more. You seem... stressed out. And if you took any of my post as anything but a joke, I apologize. Don't take life so seriously. And definitely don't take this thread so seriously.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote