Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #11
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Elf Girl
I don't believe event the movie Aragorn would go into a battle he knows he cannot win.
I understand what you're saying based on Helm's Deep, but the War of the Ring will be a different deal.

Gandalf's plan straight from the book is to send the armies of the West to the gates of Mordor knowing full well that they cannot win. My bet is that Jackson plays this to the hilt. The sense will be they are all going to their doom but by taking the fight to Mordor, they will give the Ringbearer the only chance he has to accomplish his mission.

Based on this rumor about Sauron, I can envision the following scenario:

1. The armies of the West bring their fight to the gates of Mordor.

2. The Mouth of Sauron (a GREAT choice of actor by the way, he's that creepy "wormtonguish-like" dude from The Road Warrior) will have his confrontation with Gandalf and company and show them Frodo's mithril coat.

3. War will break out between the two sides that will make the prologue of FOTR look like a picnic.

4. Just like in the prologue, Sauron, himself, will appear on the scene. The hordes will part and all from the West who stand before him will be mowed down effortlessly.

5. Suddenly Aragorn steps forward holding a shining sword. Sauron pauses for an instant, recognizing the sword and the lineage of this lone man now standing before him...before he attacks...as the final moments of the War of the Ring come to a dramatic and glorious end.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote