Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2000, 07:03 AM   #1
Johnny Lurker

bmilder...

You closed the KKK thread, and feel free to close this one. My apologies in advance if this is an annoyance or otherwise a problem for you.

"If anyone reacts positively to the site, I don't even want to hear about it"

Perhaps.

People have freedom of thought. I will not dare to claim the right to decide what is proper or improper for others to think. That is between God and them - and judge them He will.

People have freedom of association. If they wish to cut up perfectly good sheets and get together, they are granted this right by law.

People have freedom of speech. Does this mean they can use the dreaded N-word? I believe so. Does this mean they have the right to hurl derogatory racial epithets at those who they dislike, or to propose theories of racial inferiority or superiority?

I believe so.

If someone chooses to insult me about my size, my weight, my haircut, their novel take on my sexual orientation (which is fruitless speculation), my clothing, or my prowess with computer systems, then I will not claim the right stop them, except through coercion (putting my size to use) or debate. I have had many incidents to the effect of those listed above, and so this is not just idle speculation.

Where it becomes unlawful is when thought and word becomes action.

To use a real example, when those who would mock me go beyond silly insults and names, and steal the item of clothing (in this case, a hat) which they were mocking.

The Ku Klux Klan has a legal right to exist.

They may not, however, engage in assault, arson, extortion, murder, rape, or civil disobedience, which seems to be more or less their agenda.

Now, as far as the organization itself goes...

They claim an affiliation with a religion which they openly defy.
They claim brotherhood with a Man while closing their ranks to His race.
They have a hodgepodge of political affiliations.
And they have an ugly and more-or-less useless sectarian webpage.

Good night.