Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2000, 03:44 AM   #21
arynetrek

Re: Arathorn II

since you're interested in camping & history, i'd suggest mesa verde, canyon de chelly & chaco canyon, all in new mexico (i think) - hiking, anaszi ruins, & Navajos (who are very cool people to talk to), & both those sites aren't too crowded. also Arches & Canyonlands NPs in Utah is excellent, but you'll run into so many tourists there... but well worth seeing despite the overcrowdedness. they are all very out-of-the-way though - you'd have to rent a car & drive out to the middle of nowhere. and if you're coming in the summer, it will be hot (110F+) & very dry. in winter, Arches & Canyonlands at least will have ice, i don't know about the others. if you can see them or any park in the Southwest, it's a wonderful trip. i went 4 years ago & never wanted to leave.

SUV's are large cars/trucks, they traditionally are designed for off-road rough driving & hold 6+ people & their gear; but luxury carmakers decided to yuppie-fy them & turn them into status symbols. they inhale gasoline & tip over frequently, & usually are driven by incompetents on cell phones

have fun while you're here! you probably won't come through dallas, my hometown, because no one comes here except to shop (a stupid reason to travel, in my opinion)

aryne *